Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes 12 stop after each song?

in iTunes 12 how can I stop it automatically playing the next song?

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iPhone4S-OTHER, iPad

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 5:14 AM

7 replies

Nov 22, 2014 10:02 AM in response to Peter Whitaker

Time to learn the "Up Next" feature.

If your music is paused, use right-click (ctrl-click) on a song to "Play Next" (puts on the top of the queue) or "Add to Up Next" (add to the end of the queue).

Go to the "Up Next" Menu in the View Menu (or click the icon in the control bar that looks like three horizontal bars).

Select your song.

In some conditions, the rest of the your playlist will show up below your addition. When you scroll down the Up Next list you may see "Back To: " at the end of the list. Press CLEAR to be sure your selection(s) are the only songs played.

Nov 22, 2014 12:19 PM in response to Peter Whitaker

If you don't use the checkboxes for any other purpose then yes. Cmd+click any checkbox to check/uncheck all visible items. If all items are unchecked iTunes will play any track you double-click on and then stop. As and when you want to listen to an album or a playlist straight through you will need to recheck that selection can make use of the Up Next feature which plays all tracks added to it regardless of checked status.

tt2

Nov 25, 2014 11:28 AM in response to Peter Whitaker

That's an easy solution. The checkbox is a useful method to have iTunes ignore songs you don't care to hear.

Be aware the checkbox affects two other (perhaps insignificant for you) features:

1. If you use Smart Playlists, the checkboxes will also affect how those playlists are built if you have the "Match only checked items" selected.
  2. If you sync music to an iPod, phone, etc there is a similar "Sync only checked songs and videos" option.

[I use the checkbox on songs I want iTunes to ignore for Smart Playlists and Sync -- probably a dozen songs out of over 10k -- much like a deliberate "0 stars" rating.]

itunes 12 stop after each song?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.