Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't turn on the control screen on my iPad

I Can't turn on the control screen on my ipad to connect to my tv

iPad 2

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 7:32 AM

1 reply

Nov 24, 2014 2:07 PM in response to rnfleming4

Hi rnfleming4,

Welcome to the Support Communities! I understand you are trying to access the Control Center to use AirPlay with your TV. Try placing your finger to the right of the Home button before swiping up. This should reveal the Control Center. Then tap on the AirPlay icon (see diagram).

Use AirPlay to wirelessly stream content from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/ht4437

Use AirPlay

You can use AirPlay across any apps and content that allow AirPlay. AirPlay will stay on until you turn it off, so you can keep using it across various apps. Here's how to start using AirPlay.

1. Connect your iOS device and Apple TV or AirPort Express to the same Wi-Fi network.
  2. Swipe up from the bottom of your screen to access Control Center.
  3. Tap AirPlay.
    User uploaded file
    See what to do if you don't see the AirPlay icon.
  4. Tap the name of the device you want to AirPlay to. The icons of a TV screen User uploaded file or speaker User uploaded file next to each AirPlay device show the type of media content you can stream to that device. See what to do if you don't see your device in the list.
    • For videos and photos, choose Apple TV.
    • For music, choose Apple TV, AirPort Express, or AirPlay-enabled receiver or speakers.
    User uploaded file
    Now the content in Photos, Videos, or the Safari app, will stream to your Apple TV. Audio in the Music or Safari app will stream to your AirPlay-enabled device.

Cheers,

- Judy

I can't turn on the control screen on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.