Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unknown error occurred (56) - my phone keeps saying connect to iTunes, then gets 3/4 of the way through the update/restore and stops saying that error, I've tried sleep + home key. what do i do?

I've updated all my software on my computer and I'm always doing the updates on my phone.

I left it updating for ages yesterday and did other things and came back and thought it was finished but its only been showing connect to iTunes since on my phone.

I've tried home + sleep buttons, up volume + home, is there a combination that would work?

The picture is what iTunes is saying when it gets to the 3/4 mark of update/restore. it won't do anything else.

User uploaded file

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 1:47 PM

7 replies

unknown error occurred (56) - my phone keeps saying connect to iTunes, then gets 3/4 of the way through the update/restore and stops saying that error, I've tried sleep + home key. what do i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.