Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I log out of my iCloud account will my photos and videos delete?

i Also wanna know if I can trade my iPod 16gb for a 32 or something and if I log in my iCloud account from a new ipod will my pictures still be there ?

iPod touch

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2014 3:09 PM

Your photo stream photos would be deleted but not your camera roll photos and videos. When you sign back in, you will receive my photo stream photos from the last 30 days and all shared photo albums you might have. To avoid losing my photo stream photos older than 30 days, save them to your camera roll before signing out.

As mentioned, when you sign back into your account on your new device, you will receive my photo stream photos from the last 30 days and all photos/videos from shared photo streams. Your backup includes camera roll photos and videos. Restoring the backup of your old iPod to your new one will recover your camera roll, along with other data and settings. Be sure to back up your old iPod so you can restore the backup to your new one. To be save, you might also want to import your camera roll photos & videos from your old iPod to your computer as explained here: Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 10, 2014 3:09 PM in response to Betancourta

Your photo stream photos would be deleted but not your camera roll photos and videos. When you sign back in, you will receive my photo stream photos from the last 30 days and all shared photo albums you might have. To avoid losing my photo stream photos older than 30 days, save them to your camera roll before signing out.

As mentioned, when you sign back into your account on your new device, you will receive my photo stream photos from the last 30 days and all photos/videos from shared photo streams. Your backup includes camera roll photos and videos. Restoring the backup of your old iPod to your new one will recover your camera roll, along with other data and settings. Be sure to back up your old iPod so you can restore the backup to your new one. To be save, you might also want to import your camera roll photos & videos from your old iPod to your computer as explained here: Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or Windows PC - Apple Support.

If I log out of my iCloud account will my photos and videos delete?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.