Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Dropbox on a Wireless Time Capsule

I bought a 3TB Time Capsule and am pretty happy with it. I've set it up as a server at home and I can access it from my Notebool via my Wi-Fi Network or Ethernet cable (if I want it to - seldom the case as my MacBook does not have an Ethernet port).

Here is my problem: I want to put my Dropbox folder on this Time Capsule. It will serve me well because I will have more free space in my Macbook.

The problem is that Dropbox starts syncing immediately after my MacBook starts and as TC is mounted only after the computer connects to my wireless Network, Dropbox says that it can't find the disk where the folder is set and so it asks me if I want to re-link it or quit.

If I tell it to re-link it, it is a pain because it will map all files in the folder again and it takes ages.

Ideally, I'd like Dropbox to "wait" until the remote TC is mounted before it starts the synchronization, so it wouldn't ask me to re-link.

Does anyone knows how to do that?

Thanks in advance

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 7.1.2, Time Capsule 3tB

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 4:05 PM

There are no replies.

Using Dropbox on a Wireless Time Capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.