Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari sometimes not loading text

Sometimes, Safari will not load the text of a webpage. It is a bizarre issue that is not really predictable. Both OS X and Safari are completely updated. I have included some screenshots showing what I mean. Also, usually if I wait a few minutes, the text will eventually load. Does anyone have any ideas what is wrong?

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 4:14 PM

12 replies

Nov 23, 2014 5:22 PM in response to Linc Davis

This problem is only on certain sites, and the problem is reproducible on said sites (I can wait for the page to finally load, and if I refresh, the problem occurs again). I have tried opening the problem sites on Firefox and Chrome and have never had any issues with those browsers. I am on a university network, however I do not think network issues are to blame as Firefox and Chrome have no issues.

Nov 23, 2014 9:17 PM in response to jsmaster

Back up all data before proceeding.

Launch the Font Book application and validate all fonts. You must select the fonts in order to validate them. See the built-in help and this support article for instructions. If Font Book finds any issues, resolve them.

Start up in safe mode to rebuild the font caches. Restart as usual and test.

Note: If FileVault is enabled in OS X 10.9 or earlier, or if a firmware password is set, or if the startup volume is a software RAID, you can’t start in safe mode. In that case, ask for instructions.

If you still have problems, then from the Font Book menu bar, select

FileRestore Standard Fonts...

You'll be prompted to confirm, and then to enter your administrator login password.

Also note that if you deactivate or remove any built-in fonts, for instance by using a third-party font manager, the system may become unstable.

Safari sometimes not loading text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.