Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my wifi turn off at the same time every night?

HI, my wifi turns off at the same time every night. At around 5 or 6:00 at night i dont know why it does this but i really would like it to stop i have the IOS 6.1.6 update i think i have the gerneration four but im not to sure, and when i updated my ipod it deleted my favorite app of all time the original youtube app that looks like an old TV. can some one PLEASE tell me how to fix these irritating issues

thank you

- purplelover806

P.S. I have an IPOD touch and I have about 320MB of storage

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 8:30 PM

16 replies

Dec 26, 2014 7:20 PM in response to Purplelover806

Hi, my name is Bow. Once it turns "Off", go to your WiFi settings and see if you can connect. If you can, I hope its better! If not, go into your internet settings on your IPod (Hit the internet you want to join,) and scroll down and you will see HTTP PROXY. If its not already, put it on Auto... and renew your lease. If this keeps happening, I refer to upgrading your IPod, and/or calling and talking to your internet provider, Thank you!

Dec 27, 2014 6:44 PM in response to Purplelover806

The Wi-Fi on my device has already turned off for the night. I am very desperate to get it fixed because its very frustrating to be in the middle of an important conversation and then have my Wi-Fi suddenly not work. please help! this is so frustrating, and my mom wont give me the password so I can forget the network and re-enter the password. Thanks so much.

Renewing the Lease did nothing

Messing around with the Wi-Fi controls did nothing since I have no idea what I need to do with it to fix this.

Thanks again

-Purplelover806

P.S. is there anyway to find the password to the Wi-Fi from the controls on the computer so I can try and forget the network and re-enter the password? Thank You.

Dec 28, 2014 3:03 AM in response to Purplelover806

As asked before, one can configure the rout to limit internet connection at a set schedule. You can do that with individual devices by only having it apply to one device using the unique MAC address of that device.

Also, could interference be causing the problem? It is not unusual for an electrical device running at a set schedule causing such a problem

Why does my wifi turn off at the same time every night?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.