Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Please install Apple Application Support

Hello everyone,

I need some help here because every time I try to open up iTunes or try to open up Quicktime I keep getting this annoying error message which states "Please install Apple Application Support." As an alternative I can run my personal Quicktime movie files and iTunes music using Windows Media Player but when it comes to watching my purchased iTunes Movies or TV Shows its a NO GO most likely because they are encrypted and can only be authorized through a Apple product which puts me in a predicament of a) Not being able to watch my movie or TV purchases from iTunes, b) Not having the ability to access iTunes to purchase episodes of my favorite TV shows and movies when they become available. I've already gone to the Apple Support site and followed the instructions to completely uninstalled iTunes and Quicktime (In that order) and then reinstalled them (In that order) but I keep getting this same error message so If anyone can provide assistance ASAP I'd really... really... appreciate it.

Windows 7

Posted on Nov 22, 2014 9:44 PM

7 replies

Nov 23, 2014 2:13 AM in response to RickS

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes (similar to those above) and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there is backup and recovery advice elsewhere in the user tip.

The section Install missing components has advice on breaking down the iTunes installer into the individual .msi files which might prove useful if Apple Application Support won't install normally.

tt2

Nov 23, 2014 10:21 AM in response to turingtest2

turingtest2, thank you for your reply but I've already followed those instructions to the T uninstalling everything in the required order, deleting all of the iTunes and Quicktime system files so that I could do a clean install but unfortunately I am still having the same problem of receiving the same error message over and over and over again. It is really getting frustrating.

Please install Apple Application Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.