Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari keeps crashing on my ipod touch?

I can't even browse it without it crashing in under five seconds. I tried clearing cache and stuff. I can't even turn off my Ipod, because the power button is jammed and won't move. What now?

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 12:55 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2014 1:26 AM in response to alonzofromsacramento

If you have iOS 5 or late use the Assistive Touch accessibility feature to get most functions that normally require the Power button

Use Accessibility features in iOS - Apple Support

Also go to Settings>Safari and Clear Histor, Data and Cookies

Next reset the iPod.

To reset the iPod without the hardware buttons,

- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings. All your wifi and bluetooth preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected. You will have to rejoin wifi networks and repair BT devices

Then

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Safari keeps crashing on my ipod touch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.