Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot send mail but still receive mail.

Hi

My problem is, I cannot send mail but still receive mail, I am using Mail Version 8.1 and my Mac OS is 10.10.1 The server response was : Too many messages (1.4.4.2) the bar in Mail goes about seven eights of the way then stops and comes uup with the message above. Any help?

Ta

2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.7), Memory 8GB also Mac OS X now (10.7)

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 7:58 AM

8 replies

Nov 23, 2014 9:42 AM in response to George Hilton

Then remove that account and re-add it. Your can easily restore the e-mail from your Time Machine backup, doing so is explained in

Start Mail by clicking its icon in the dock.

Click the Time Machine icon on the dock. The computer will enter Time Machine mode with Mail as the active application.

Use the arrows at the side of the screen to scroll back to a time when the message was in your in-box

Select the message and click "Restore" in the bottom right corner of the screen.

Click "Cancel" in the bottom left to exit Time Machine. Your email message will be stored in a folder named "Time Machine" accessible from the left pane of Apple Mail.

If for some reason you are not using Time Machine to backup then re-enter every preference in the offending e-mail account, one of the preferences may be corrupt even though it may look ok.

Feb 9, 2015 1:48 PM in response to kaylee27

I have had this same problems periodically. I used to change my gmail pw, and it worked.... Not this time, no matter what I do, not working... Drive me crazy... Where are apple people? ... I read your post and thought it might help.... I went to HD, find Library > cache. Within Cache, I don't see Metadata folder that you mentioned ... Should I just delete All files in that Cache folder? Or should I do something else? Many thanks in advance !

I cannot send mail but still receive mail.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.