Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBook G4 wifi connection problem

Hi there I have iBook G4 and I can't connect to wifi.There is airport card installed it search for networks,finds mynhome

nnetwork but every time im selecting it and typing in password it shows either incorrect password or problem with connection without giving any further info.I double checked password and wifi all other devices ie. iPhones and laptops at home works fine on this network and this password.Any ideas?

iBook

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 6:55 AM

1 reply

Nov 23, 2014 2:43 PM in response to Adisr1

If your local network was set up by and in use primarily for a later version Wi-Fi frequency

then your older iBook may not be seen by it. So you may have to consider a vintage wi-fi

base station if the current one does not support the older 802.11 a/b/g/n. The level of

security in older computers was not necessarily WPA2, for yours - it may be only WEP.

Depending on the operating system (supported) the level of web wi-fi security can vary.

Older 10.3.9 had limits; an upgrade to 10.4.11, helps some. Later, 10.5.8 could connect

and use a WPA2 if the computer's hardware allowed. These also matter in troubleshooting.

So, between what the base station provides, and how the iBook can see it (or not) are

part of the situation and in there is part of the answer. I use older wi-fi AirPort gear for

older Apple computing products. Then their AirPort utility and other stuff is a match.

Good luck & happy computing! 🙂

iBook G4 wifi connection problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.