Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mingler has stopped working

Hi,

I have been having trouble synching iPhone and iPad with iTunes on my PC.

1. Music library has not synchronized successfully for the longest time. I only have my purchased album on my iPhone and iPad. Everything I ripped from my own CDs could not be synch-ed.
  2. For the past month, synchronization has failed for both my iPhone and iPad. Error message "mingler.exe has stopped working", and failure at Step 3 of 7 (Synching Contacts).

Problem #2 was the more pressing one and I have followed the steps in post "Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support", performing clean uninstall and reinstall, at least 4 times now. The problem did not go away.

Appreciate any advice I can get. Thank you.

Specifications of my devices:

• iPhone 6, 64GB, iOS 8.1.1
  • iPad Air, 32 GB, iOS 8.1
    iTunes 12.0.1.26
  • Windows 7, home premium, SP1 on 32-bit system
  • MS Outlook 2007

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1, Synch Problem, mingler.exe

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 6:03 AM

5 replies

Mar 26, 2015 5:43 PM in response to metal450

Been having the same problem on a new PC, Worse, my iPhone 6 does not ring anymore (even after hard reboots). But since sync no longer works, I can not erase and restore the phone. Clean uninstalls/reboots/re-installs/reboots have not helped. Looks like a coding error in Mingler.exe...

This is my error:

Mingler.exe has stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Mingler.exe

Application Version: 17.669.22.115

Application Timestamp: 54941c4c

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18409

Fault Module Timestamp: 53159a86

Exception Code: e06d7363

Exception Offset: 0000c42d

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Mar 26, 2015 5:51 PM in response to securemail

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Mar 27, 2015 7:52 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the feedback, but the mystery deepens. I discovered that two ringtones on my phone no longer produced sound. Copying those files and using "get info" to change their names ended up with a message that one could not be copied because I was authorized...Changing to sync all tunes resulted in only one of my seven ringtones on the phone, but NO Mingler crash! So now I can sync without a Mingler crash and have all but the two "unauthorized" ringtones on the phone. So it appears that Mingler.exe has some bad code with authorized content on the phone that is not authorized on the computer.

Oddly, iTunes now claims my video card (a GeForce GT720) is too old to play audio although music plays but movies are silent....

mingler has stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.