Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browser crashes when trying to upload file to internet

Hello all,

System

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Early 2011), yosemite 10.10.1,

Browser: Safari, or Firefox

Problem: Browser crashes when uploading a file using any internet based browsing apparatus.

For instance, when trying to upload a document using blackboard based tool. After selecting the "Browse your computer" button the internet browser crashes using either Safari or Firefox. This also occurs when trying to upload a document to Google documents. This does not occur when I use my PC so I do not believe it to be a destination issue.

If it helps, recently I have difficulties saving documents after they are downloaded to the downloads button on the browser also. When I select the document and then file, I cannot save it, move it or rename it. I can however right click the item in the download icon area, and then view in finder, then get info, rename it in there, then drag it to the folder I want to place it in. Very tedious business to simply save a file.

Thanks for the assistance,

JT

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 3:19 PM

2 replies

Browser crashes when trying to upload file to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.