Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airplay mirroring function is not workin with MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) OS X Yosemite 10.1

airplay mirror function is not working with MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) OS X Yosemite 10.1

Could you please help me regarding solving this issue

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009)-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 7:21 PM

5 replies

Nov 26, 2014 6:08 AM in response to Zallak

Hi Zallak,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are experiencing issues with AirPlay Mirroring. I would suggest, in this situation, reading over the attached article and using the information within to assist you in the troubleshooting process.

Resolve issues with AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring from iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers,

Joe

Jan 1, 2015 5:55 PM in response to AppleJoe

Is it just me, or are you responding to a question about a Macbook Pro not being able to access Airplay with a wiki article about anything but a Macbook Pro being able to access airplay?

I am also having this issue with a recently bought apple tv. I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) on Yosemite and I do not see the Airplay icon to mirror my display. I can share my audio without issue and I see the AppleTV displayed as an option in Sound and in iTunes. I cannot mirror my display.

I have a friend here with a 2014 Macbook Air with Yosemite and it can share display, but cannot share audio. It is the exact opposite of my issue with the same AppleTV.

I can share my display from my iphone 5s as well.

Any thoughts or articles that address Airplay issue from a macbook pro?

Jan 13, 2015 1:40 PM in response to Zallak

Requirements for AirPlay in OS X

An Apple TV

A supported Mac

AirPlay Mirroring in OS X takes advantage of the hardware capabilities of recent Macs to deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models support AirPlay Mirroring when using OS X Mountain Lion or later:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013 or newer)

You're mac books pros are too old! I have the same MCP from 2009 and you can not mirror through airplay.

Jan 13, 2015 2:48 PM in response to Zallak

Hi, Zallak

These are requirements for Airplay

Requirements for AirPlay in OS X

An Apple TV

A supported Mac

AirPlay Mirroring in OS X takes advantage of the hardware capabilities of recent Macs to deliver high frame rates while maintaining optimal system performance. The following Mac models support AirPlay Mirroring when using OS X Mountain Lion or later:

• iMac (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Mid 2011 or newer)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2011 or newer)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013 or newer)

airplay mirroring function is not workin with MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) OS X Yosemite 10.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.