Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal not updating custom recurring events after Yosemite

When attempting to update custom recurring iCal events after upgrading to Yosemite, there is no response through Mac or iCloud (i.e it does not save and/or transfer to iOS devices). Only able to revise effectively through iOS. Major irritation as I have many custom recurring events that sometimes need to be moved around, which I usually prefer to do through Mac OS. Any suggestions much appreciated.

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 7:06 PM

14 replies

Nov 25, 2014 10:25 AM in response to Cheksics

+1 -- I've been having the same issue for weeks since updating to Yosemite. The problem is duplicated on four other macs running 10.10.1. Instant updates are pushed from iOS or from iCloud to the mac, but the calendar entry seems to be completely reset when attempting to update event notes. I've tried clean install of Yosemite, deleting/re-adding my iCloud account, nothing seems to work.

Dec 1, 2014 7:25 AM in response to Cheksics

I have the exact same problem with repeating events. Not syncing to my other devices from my mac. Then reverting back to the original entry - without any of the edits to the specific events (individual days). Very upsetting. Spoke to the apple help desk last night - and they did not say that they had heard about this and were unable to help me fix it. Help!

Jan 5, 2015 8:46 PM in response to Cheksics

I have the exact same problem with repeating events and edits. Not syncing to my iCloud account, iPhone or iPad from my Mac. The events revert back to the original entry - without any of the edits. I tried to change an event, "Water/Sewer/Trash" to "Water/Sewer/Trash - PAID," no updates on any device or iCloud. I have tried deleting the account from my Mac, updating directly in iCloud, all to no avail. I wish Apple would take notice and put out an update.

Jan 10, 2015 10:00 AM in response to Cheksics

I am having the same problem. I can make ical recurring all day event changes on all my devices (ipad, iphone, macbook lion-iCal) EXCEPT my new macbook pro w/Yosemite. If I make a change on the macbook it does not sync to the other devices, but rather reverts to the original entry. THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM FOR ME as I record my daily productivity and mileage under the recurring all day event.

SUMMARY: ON THE MACBOOK

-Can not drag a recurring all day event to a time slot

-Will not sync changes to other devices, instead reverts to original on all devices except the MacBook.

-We just go the computer for Christmas and noticed the problem this wk.

HELP!

Jan 16, 2015 3:14 PM in response to Cheksics

Sounds like I am having a similar problem. I have updated some recurring events on my calendar, but the update is not appearing on devices the calendar is shared with? I have worked around it by copying & pasting the event in exactly the same place on my calendar (creating a duplicate), which then appears on the shared calendar devices (as a new event) but this is of course not the way you should have to do it! All the devices are iPads.

Jan 16, 2015 6:55 PM in response to Cheksics

I have a possible solution/cause to the recurring events issues. I use recurring events to document work related productivity and mileage. I have been doing this for 4 years. I think me work calendar is too "full". So I have created a new calendar for 2015, and no more problems with recurring events. Fortunately I have back up via time machine which allowed me to restore the previous year's calendar.

Jul 23, 2015 7:57 PM in response to Mac Aladdin

It is that unreliable. Apparently even their QA department is too busy counting all their money. I have the exact same issues. I also have the iMovie issues of crashing repeatedly just like others have mentioned. You would think if you spend $3300 on a laptop it would work better than they currently do. When Steve Jobs died so did their quality.

iCal not updating custom recurring events after Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.