Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I turned my apple tv on and there was a picture of the apple TV box and a USB cord . It labeled below Support.apple.com/appletv/restore

My apple TV was not working when I turned it on. A photo of the Apple TV black box shows with a USB cord plugged in back and other end leading to I tunes Icon. below reads: support.apple.com/restore/appletv/restore The screen on the TV is frozen. I unplugged Apple box from TV and plugged into computer tv. No apple TV icon appears in Itunes. I did find something for reset but nothing for restore. What is going on? v Can't read the serial number on back.

HELP

Apple TV, Windows 7

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 9:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 1:35 AM

Nxchris wrote:

The screen on the TV is frozen. I unplugged Apple box from TV and plugged into computer tv.

I'm not sure what you mean by "computer tv" but if you are plugging the ATV into your PC, as mentioned here, your micro-USB cable may be defective or a charging only one. If possible, try with a known good, general purpose one.

Beyond that, follow the instructions in Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV, paying special attention to the differences in what you should connect depending on the model of the ATV.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 24, 2014 1:35 AM in response to Nxchris

Nxchris wrote:

The screen on the TV is frozen. I unplugged Apple box from TV and plugged into computer tv.

I'm not sure what you mean by "computer tv" but if you are plugging the ATV into your PC, as mentioned here, your micro-USB cable may be defective or a charging only one. If possible, try with a known good, general purpose one.

Beyond that, follow the instructions in Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation): Restoring your Apple TV, paying special attention to the differences in what you should connect depending on the model of the ATV.

I turned my apple tv on and there was a picture of the apple TV box and a USB cord . It labeled below Support.apple.com/appletv/restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.