Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone's safari not secure any more (adfoc redirect)

Everytime I open website in Safari on my iPhone (5s iOS8) it redirect to adfoc.us . Sometimes it try to call out to some number. As I see, iphone's Safari has been hacked and I feel insecure about some password I made safari remember.

This also occur to web page open inside Facebook app. That mean uiwebview is hacked too!! So it not limit to just safari. Any app with webview inside risk too.

I cannot use any web until this solve. Apple, please solve this.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 9:25 PM

17 replies

Nov 23, 2014 9:33 PM in response to thosapol

You are not addressing Apple here. This is a user to user support forum. Apple cannot ban a website. I suggest that you go into Settings and clear your cookies and website data. Also, refrain from visiting websites that allow for redirecting. This isn't Safari or the iPhone, this is the website you are visiting allowing the redirect. The same with Facebook. I wouldn't click on a link in Facebook unless it was something I could verify with someone I know that posted it. I would never randomly click on a Facebook link.

Nov 23, 2014 9:43 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

clear cookies and website data won't help.

Now, I found that it's virus that come with google-analytic tracker script which mean more than half of website has it.

I suggust ban because I afraid Apple may decide to disable redirect feature which cause more trouble.

And I suggest apple to do something since it doesn't have any antivirus or block tool in mobile safari. Sorry for the wrong place to ask them.

Nov 23, 2014 9:46 PM in response to thosapol

Unless your device has been jailbroken, you cannot introduce a virus to the iPhone. Maybe you missed the part that says this is a user support forum. You suggesting Apple do this and that is falling on deaf ears. No one here is from Apple. If you want to make all of these suggestions to Apple, then go to their feedback page at http://www.apple.com/feedback and click on the appropriate link.

Nov 24, 2014 4:00 AM in response to thosapol

A website cannot be a virus. Adfoc.us is a URL shortener that uses advertising, and may have some unethical business practices. The site is flagged as untrustworthy by Web of Trust:

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/adfoc.us

This also has nothing to do with Google Analytics. The ga.js file on google-analytics.com does not contain any references to this site, so I'm not sure why you're pointing the finger there.

As for the behavior your iPhone is experiencing, it's difficult to say much because you haven't provided a very clear description. What you are seeing could be the result of a hacked website. If you are seeing references to adfoc.us in the Google Analytics scripts on your own site, most likely your site has been hacked.

Nov 24, 2014 7:46 AM in response to thosapol

I find it interesting that at no point until now did you mention that you were having issues with your own web site. You continued to demand that Apple do something, but you never seemed to understand that you were not speaking to Apple. As indicated by another poster and myself, this has nothing to do with Apple or the iPhone, it has to do with the website that you were visiting.

Nov 24, 2014 2:50 PM in response to thosapol

I'm experiencing this too this evening, initially on iPhones running 8.1.1 but further investigation shows it's affecting all devices on my local network. If I switch my iPhone to my mobile data provider as opposed to my WiFi, everything is normal. @Thosapol I'd try turning your WiFi off and checking with mobile data instead - this should confirm the problem is with your WiFi. In my case, I suspect either my ISP's DNS servers or my router have been hacked. Given the wait times for my ISP's support right now (Plus Net in the UK), it suggests the problem is with them. But to confirm other comments here, it's not a specific iOS/Safari issue. I hope this helps.

iphone's safari not secure any more (adfoc redirect)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.