Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 screen slightly loose

I Have the issue with the screen loose. The first time I could hear the sound from the left side of the screen, then I went to genius bar, and they reset the screen for me but couple days later I found the right side of the phone was loose but no sound, just as I pressed it and I could see the screen get pressed down from the side view slightly. I booked another appointment and they said it is normal if screen a bit loose cuz the cable is down there and they only replaced the screen for me. But right now I found the left side again is still slightly loose and can be pressed down and its visible but no sound! Maybe me just being picky but that's not the quality I expect for such expensive phone! I don't know what to do now tho.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Nov 23, 2014 11:07 PM

6 replies

Jan 27, 2015 1:28 PM in response to Jimbuffy

I experienced a similar issue. Got my first iPhone 6 from the Apple store in Basel about 2 weeks ago. After 2 days the bottom left corner startet to give way just a little bit when pressing, along with some "click" noise. I returned it and got a new one, which after a few days showed a similar problem at the top left corner. I also returned that one and got a new phone from a german retailer. Same problam again, after a few days the top left corner, close to the volume buttons, startet to move just half a milimeter when pressing gently. Very frustrated, I wanted to return that phone today. Luckily I unboxed the "exchange" phone right in the store, because it showed exactly the same problem as my very first one (bottom left corner, but this time with an even loder click). The manager of the store tried to tell me that "all of the iPhone 6s of our staff have that" and basically told me that I am oversensitive. What he wanted me to believe was that this is some sort of "tolerance" to keep the screen moving a little and prevent the glass from scattering due to tension. Yeah right, it's not a bug it's a feature.

I ordered a new phone from Apple just a few minutes ago, and I can't wait to see which corner is loose thsi time. I'm starting to belive this is a general problem with teh new design. 4 phones, bought in 2 different stores in 2 different countries, that's no longer a coincidence to me.

Don't get me wrong, I rally am a big fan of Apple products and proud owner of more thatn one of their devices. But one of the reasons I pay that much money for a phone, is that I want to have a perfect constructed high end phone, which (to me) the new iPhone 6 does not seem te be.

Feb 24, 2015 1:51 PM in response to alex.calzone

I have the exact same thing going on. I've been through 5 different iPhone 6s and they all do it. I guess it's normal but it doesn't really make me happy. Doesn't really instill a feeling of quality in me with the screen flexing like that. All of the phones I got have done it in the exact same spot, the upper left. I've been to 3 different Apple stores, was told this was normal two times...

Feb 27, 2015 7:47 PM in response to Jimbuffy

I have the same issue happening with mine in the top left corner. I can see it and feel it by the volume buttons and along the rounded corner. Sometimes it's hard to see you have to get it on the right angle but if you put your finger along the screen and then press with your other hand you can feel the screen move under your finder like it kinda pinch together. The messed up thing is I was just passed my 14 day return window when I noticed it. Granted it's not as bad as some of the videos I've seen on youtube but I'm afraid it will get much worse or dust/dirt and debris will get caught inside or even moisture causing damage. That's my biggest fear. I'm going to the Apple store tomorrow to try to get a replacement. I just hope they don't give me a refirb. It's literally like 19 days old. This is my first iphone ever(I'm an Android user doing a use an iphone for 30 day thing) and this issue doesn't make it a good experience..

Sep 17, 2015 1:32 AM in response to Jimbuffy

I had the same problem on my 6 month old iPhone 6 .

Clicking sound when screen is pressed on bottom left and right side of the home button.

Took it to iZenica in NOIDA , the executive understood the issue and told me that first they will fix it if it appears next time they will consider replacement.

Replacement will take about four days as after approval new set comes from Bangalore.

In India it seems apple does not follow walk in and walk out with replacement policy.

Anyways the issue was fixed in half an hour by tightning the two screws on both sides of lightning connector port and the clicking sound was gone.

Hope the problem does not repeat again.

iPhone 6 screen slightly loose

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.