Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

BlueTooth

Since v10.10.1 came out BlueTooth devices, keyboard, mouse and trackpad, on 2 iMACs drop in and out at random. I do not know what but something is not working. I know some have sent this problem to Apple so I hope they fix it soon.

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 3:24 AM

6 replies

Nov 24, 2014 3:56 AM in response to jmsfmtex

I hope so too. I have had a bluetooth problem with my Bose Soundlink 3 bluetooth speaker. Since upgrading (?) to Yosemite the speaker gets a signal from my late 2011 iMac but sounds like it is playing a vinyl record with a nasty scratch on it. I get no such problems when I have used other devices such as my iPad and a number of smart phones. This is clearly a Yosemite issue as the speaker worked perfectly under Mavericks and I hope Apple fix it soon because I bought the speaker to listen to iTunes Match from the Mac.

Nov 24, 2014 4:47 AM in response to Rob from Outwood

Me again.

Having seen a number of Bluetooth correspondences to cut a long story short the problem was partially resolved by disconnecting one of the other bluetooth devices. The crackling went away when I disconnected either the bluetooth keyboard, mouse or trackpad. So as I prefer my trackpad I have temporarily disconnected the mouse. Though I'll get a few complaints from the wife as she prefers the mouse.

Apple - please fix this quickly or I can't be certain whether this will be my last contact??!!

Nov 25, 2014 10:27 AM in response to jmsfmtex

I continually have problems with my mouse and Apple apps, mostly games. The mouse is spastic and freezes. I now noticed that the cursor does not work well with this site. I enter to ask a question and when I click on a response I sometimes have to click twice. Something is not right with Bluetooth. I hope the comments, directly to Apple, will receive a fix soon.

Jul 3, 2015 3:02 PM in response to jmsfmtex

I believe I’ve finally fixed these strange connectivity problems for good. A couple of days ago I moved the following files to my Desktop and restarted:

• /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist*
  • ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist*
  • ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.apple.Bluetooth.*

It’s important to move (not copy) the files. This forces Yosemite to re-create the files on reboot. (I could have just deleted the files but I wanted to keep them around as backups in case something went wrong.) Since doing this, my Bluetooth devices have been happily connecting and disconnecting appropriately and I have no more stuck devices in my Preferences.

From: http://www.matthewbass.com/2015/03/10/fix-bluetooth-in-os-x-yosemite/

BlueTooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.