Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked screen - camera issue.

Good day,

iPhone 5S - iOS 8.1.1

Issue - when screen is locked shortcut to camera is available. When I open camera from locked screen it goes blind (black screen). Camera is operative. I can hear it taking pictures, and it does (pictures are saved in camera roll), but can't see anything on screen. It does only happen from locked screen. When I use camera after unlocking, it works ok.

Thank You for any feedback.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 5:23 AM

8 replies

Mar 10, 2015 2:44 AM in response to savei

This problem is related to voice dialing. If you use voice dialing from the locked screen the problem appears. After a soft reset it works fine again, but if you use voice dialing from the locked screen it appears again.

Apple does nothing alongside with the keyboard lag problem. Both seem to be icloud related since even after a full reset, after inserting icloud account both appear again, despite the device you use.

Aug 3, 2015 4:07 PM in response to Krupik

Restarting or power cycling my phone fixed this for me. Just hold down the sleep button until the slider appears slide to power off. Let your phone sit for approximately 30 seconds to 1 minute for the system to completely power down, you will see the loading wheel spin in the center of the screen. Then turn your phone back on. I have solved nearly all of my app problems this way. All computer type systems need to be refreshed once in a while.

Locked screen - camera issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.