Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my notifications not show when I swipe down anymore?

please tell me how to re-start my notifications they are not available when I swipe down from the top of the screen

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 6:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 8:22 AM

Hi kellygreenthumb,

If you are having an issue with Notifications not being available on your iPhone, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Understanding notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The section most relevant is -

Get help

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2014 8:22 AM in response to kellygreenthumb

Hi kellygreenthumb,

If you are having an issue with Notifications not being available on your iPhone, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

Understanding notifications on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The section most relevant is -

Get help

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Why do my notifications not show when I swipe down anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.