Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 6 music player plays tracks really quiet at full volume and then goes randomly quiet and wont go to full volume? Any ideas or anyone had the same problem?

music player through headphones. Select a track and it plays at a really quiet volume even though it is on full? Doesnt have the volume check or volume limit on. Then it will randomly decide to play it at full volume?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 8:07 AM

47 replies

Dec 1, 2014 12:50 AM in response to Leight182

I have exactly this same problem! It only started happening with iOS 8.1.1. The music will go quiet randomly when I'm in bed listening using earphones and also in the car with bluetooth. Sometimes when I get a notification the volume goes back up. My feel is that it's an internal volume setting not restoring, like volume ducking that stays ducked on a silent notification or system event.

Jan 10, 2015 10:06 AM in response to banazsteve

I have been having the exact same problem where music randomly goes quiet through headphones so I have to turn them up. Occasionally the volume comes back which was really annoying when we were once using my phone to play background music at an event and blasted everyone out for a few seconds. I have done a restore and this has not fixed it. I can force the problem by opening the Facebook app. Double tapping home, killing Facebook will allow the volume to go back to normal too. This makes me suspect it's a background app firing up that's causing the volume drop

Jan 14, 2015 1:38 PM in response to Count Mattula

Count, what was the solution?

I'm having the same exact issue. iPhone6+ and very randomly the volume does the semi-mute(~50% volume) thing like there is a call that is about to come in, or other notification. But nothing ever happens and I either have to increase the volume or monkey with it to get the volume back. The issue does eventually resolve itself, but as described above this can take a long time and then you get unexpected blasted with volume. I've only had this 6+ for a hand full of months. My old 4s never displayed this behavior. It feels like a software glitch. Didn't "notice" this on on builds previous to 8.1.2. But I have been on this build the longest so not sure that is a fair assessment.

I'm hoping someone finds a permanent solution to this problem. If it were more frequent it would be very annoying.

Jan 15, 2015 10:23 AM in response to Leight182

I've had this problem too, all settings are set correctly as above... Been happening for a while now but I think, I may just have found a work around... Maybe!

As anyone with this problem knows it's pretty random, so may have just happened to fix itself at the same time, but I disabled my equaliser in the music settings and the volume shot back up! Now I've left it off to see if it stays at a good volume, but worth a go for anyone who gets this.

My iphone 6 music player plays tracks really quiet at full volume and then goes randomly quiet and wont go to full volume? Any ideas or anyone had the same problem?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.