Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Application blocked

I´m user of Yosemite 10.10.1 and also I use Hightail as an application to send e-mail to my customers. Since I installed Yosemite, Hightail is not connecting properly to internet for send files from desktop. (sometimes yes, sometimes not). Appears that something is blocking the application to avoid the connection to internet or the server. User uploaded file

Do you know how I can prevent for this kind of problems. With Maverick I did not have this problem, and the application is compatible with Yosemite.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Yosemite 10.10.1

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 9:09 AM

8 replies

Feb 8, 2015 9:16 AM in response to johnnylingo

I've been having this issue as well, but Hightail Customer Service seems to have given up on me after the last attempt (logging in as a guest to see if it was a permissions problem.)

I just canceled my Hightail account (I've also had a couple issues with the browser uploader crashing during large file transfers as well,) but would like to know if this issue is ever resolved.

Feb 18, 2015 12:05 PM in response to kgogs

Unfortunately we still cannot reproduce the issue in-house. I know there were changes to the SSL/TLS libraries in Mavericks and am suspecting it's a similar issue.

If anyone having the problem can open a terminal and run this command while logging in, I'll happily give you a few months of free service:

$ sudo tcpdump -s 0 -w hightail-express.pcap net 204.107.28.0/24

Send the hightail-express.pcap file to john.heyer@hightail.com

Mar 20, 2015 6:46 PM in response to johnnylingo

Just wanted to say we still haven't been able to reproduce this issue. We've tried upgrading from Snow Leopard, Lion, and Mountain Lion straight to Yosemite, but in all our tests logging in to Express has worked fine.

We also heard from a user having the problem he has tried un-installing and re-installing the latest version, but still saw it hanging at login.

The case is still open on our side, but we are not optimistic about having a solution as we cannot duplicate the problem.

Apr 12, 2015 7:31 PM in response to aqbonett

I am having the same issue. I am running OSX 10.10.2 and Express for Mac 2.14.2 (Build 360) on both a Macbook Pro and a MacPro. On either machine Hightail Express will not login. I have had this issue since OSX 10.10 I have had some luck in the past by going to the Settings Tab of the App while it is trying to sign in. I then reselect a new download location and click Apply. Sometimes this helps the App login. But alas this trick is no longer working for me.

Jun 19, 2015 10:03 AM in response to aqbonett

Out of nowhere, I was able to duplicate this problem last night. Macbook Pro 2010, OS X 10.10.3 Yosemite upgraded from Lion, Express for Mac 2.15.0.336

I was able to fix by disabling auto proxy discovery. This is done in System Preferences -> Network -> Advanced -> Proxies.

We do not know exactly what triggers the bug. The theory is it has something to do or possibly having an empty DNS suffix or roaming between networks that utilize auto proxy discovery and those that don't. When we get more information we'll be posting a knowledge base article on our support site.

Application blocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.