Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't render on Fcp 7

Hi there...

I'm using Fcp 7.0 and for the first time i can't manage to render anything.

I'm working from an external drive were all my things are and i have almost 600 gb

available in it, but some how the application is throwing a render error saying that

there isn't enough memory on my disk, then it throws me to the render manager to try

deleting some old renders that doesn't exist because this is a new project.

What can i do to fix this?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 8:38 AM

2 replies

Nov 24, 2014 9:26 AM in response to lipe89

Well, what is it that you are trying to render? Photos? How big are they (pixel wise)? FCP can't handle pictures that are over 4000 pixels on any side...they have to be smaller. Also, the pictures need to be RGB color space, not CMYK (a print color space). That will also cause this error.

Video files...FCP doesn't just work with any old QT file you throw into it. Video files have to be in specific FCP editing codecs, like ProRes. MP4s, H.264, AVI...none of those will work properly, and all of them will cause errors. If you drop a clip into your timeline and you need to render, that's a clue that something is wrong.

Can't render on Fcp 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.