Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my Apple TV saying: "iTunes is currently unavailable. Please try again later." when I try to watch my purchased movies? It works fine for everything else.

Everything is working perfectly on my Apple TV except for our purchased movies. After I press play for a movie it says "iTunes is currently unavailable. Please try again later." I have reset, restarted, updated, restated the modem/router...everything I can think of. I really don't want to pay $29 to call it into Apple Support.

Thanks!

Sara

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 9:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 1:44 PM

Don't call Apple Support. Look elsewhere on these forums. A known issue currently affecting Apple TV users. Apple are *apparently* fixing it. Could be a while

10 replies

Nov 26, 2014 9:56 AM in response to MrsSJC02

Yes Apple does know about this issue on the apple tv with iTunes stating it is unavailable. We get a lot of calls about this and just found out after lots of failed attempts that the apple tv is where the issue is. I first found out about this on either the 23rd or 24th, don't really remember, but the Apple engineers are working on the fix.

Hope this helps

Nov 27, 2014 11:57 PM in response to MrsSJC02

I Have this issue too except I can log into my sons Apple id and watch his shows. I can AirPlay non-itunes content such as a tv show that has AirPlay but not my iTunes purchased items. I have tried all the fixes as suggested even resetting and reinstalling. It is bizarre, why can I watch my sons shows, movies....? I can see mine but they won't load. our family is not on family share. my son when he uses his own Apple tv in his home has no issue. All other Apple devices are working fine and I can watch from iPhone, iPad etc, just not Apple tv.

very disappointed with Apple at the moment. There updates, fixes and bugs are getting to be as bad as windows. i am seriously thinking of going back to android. Apples communication marketing people need to make a statement about this issue. I won't be buying anymore movies etc Apple til you sort this out.

Nov 28, 2014 12:37 PM in response to MrsSJC02

My Apple TV experienced the same problem this afternoon. I had been using it successfully to play Itunes bought Music and TV programmes all week. Everything works fine on my IMac and IPad. I'm assuming Apple won't be informing us when the problem is fixed. Like others have already stated it makes you question the reliability of Apple products.

Nov 30, 2014 8:59 AM in response to MrsSJC02

Ok so i was having EXACTLY the same issue and tried absolutely EVERYTHING all the way to resetting the device - no good. Decided to try my wife's appleID on the thing and VIOLA it worked! I was able to rent, watch and everything. Signed back out and in with my ID again same thing happened.. "itunes is currently unavailable". I'm able to rent and watch content on any device with my AppleID but not on the AppleTV. We have to use my wife's. Apple says my account is in good standing and they cant see anything wrong with it.

Odd... could the issue apple is having be linked to IDs?

Feb 28, 2015 11:01 AM in response to MrsSJC02

I started having this problem about a month ago. Unlike the jdhammoud, I switch between Apple IDs and the problem remains. This is becoming very frustrating. A one hour show stops about four to five times with the error. Does anyone know if there is a solution to this? I haven't been able to resolve it nor have I found anyone else with the solution.

why is my Apple TV saying: "iTunes is currently unavailable. Please try again later." when I try to watch my purchased movies? It works fine for everything else.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.