Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite - strange behavior for all-day events in iCal

I have been using previous versions of MacOS with my corporate exchange server for quite a while with no issues. After the upgrade to Yosemite i have found an odd behavior with inserting all-day events into the exchange calendar. Same results on MacBook Pro and MacBook Air, both worked fine with Mavericks and now have this issue with Yosemite

My previous workflow was to double click in the upper bar in calendar, open an event in the all-day area, type in what I wanted to say, select the exchange calendar from the pull down (I have multiple calendars) and the event was done.

Now when I do this when I switch the event to the exchange calendar I get this error message:

User uploaded file

If I select OK the event is then transformed to a 12:00-1:00 meeting and a note is added to the notes that the time zone isn't right

User uploaded file

Note: the meeting does go into the calendar in Pacific time (my default) and I can edit the event back to an all-day and remove the junk from notes and it stores away like it should. But this is quite annoying

Any suggestions

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 10:54 AM

2 replies

May 7, 2015 3:45 AM in response to unclemiltie

I just wanted to chime in here to say that I ran into this problem today as well. It also affects other apps that use the calendar service, like Fantastical 2.

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.3, so obviously the bug still persists.

I've submitted a bug report to Apple via http://www.apple.com/feedback and would encourage others who have the same problem to do so as well.

Cheers

Yosemite - strange behavior for all-day events in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.