Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't open or upload files from finder now I've updated to Yosemite

I updated to Yosemite over the weekend. Since then some of my files can't be clicked on to be opened, or to be uploaded online (e.g. hotmail online, or to a commercial printers website). I'm using dropbox to store most of my stuff on. However, some files can be accessed (dropbox and non-dropbox) and I can't work out any pattern as to why some files are accessible and some aren't. I'm totally frustrated, and would be most grateful of any suggestions/help.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 12:18 PM

6 replies

Nov 25, 2014 2:41 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks BDAqua. Unfortunately that didn't solve it. Everything seems to be showing up now in Finder, it's just when I try to upload to the internet that I'm unable to access the files that I'm having the problem (although interestingly, if I do a search for the file, rather than clicking on it from the list of files, I am able to access the files and attach/upload to internet). Here's a screen shot of what I see when I'm trying to upload (I could only upload this by searching for the file, rather than selecting it from the file list) - you can see from the screen shot 3 files are selectable, but the rest are not. I'm hoping this is simply and just me not getting my head around Yosemite.

User uploaded file

Nov 25, 2014 9:59 AM in response to rebecca2105

How strange, seems some are not synced or in use or something, I'd try this...

Find Any File...

http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/

Hold Option or alt key when selecting Find to Find All.

Search All for Name Contains... one of those files that won't upload, once FaF is done, Right click on the one you where looking for & choose Reveal in Finder, any diff there?

Can't open or upload files from finder now I've updated to Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.