Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcasts won't play on iPhone 6

My podcasts will download to my Mac and play from there. However, ever since I upgraded to my iPhone 6, I have not been able to play from my phone. The podcasts will download to the phone and you see them there. However, when you open up a podcast, the forward arrow, and the plus and minus 15 second arrows, are in light gray and will not respond. The condition remains if you delete all the podcasts and reload them with fresh subscriptions. Also, no improvement if I sync with iTunes. Can copy the podcasts, but they will not play on the phone. My music works fine. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 4:50 PM

7 replies

Nov 24, 2014 5:17 PM in response to DrFigDart

Actually, I got this to work by repeating the delete and syncing with iTunes. Interestingly, the Podcasts downloaded over Wifi would not play even though the phone showed they were there. A iTunes sync loaded all of the podcasts and they now work. It will be interesting to see if I can download a new podcast over Wifi and play it or I am stuck with iTunes sync.

Apr 18, 2015 11:48 PM in response to wvterry

Not necessarily. My wife and I have identical iPhone 6s with current OS updates. Her device has the podcasts dying issue. Mine is fine. Her podcasts started failing. About a month ago, having bought it Four months previously. I have tried resetting all settings, rebooting, checked that all settings are the same. Podcasts still die about 20 second after starting to play them, closing the app and switching to the home screen. The app can't be deleted and reinstalled as it seems to be part of the OS install and does not have that little black cross on the top left of the app icon to select it for deletion. The only thing I haven't tried is synching with iTunes on the laptop. I guess I will try that too. Clearly this is a bug that needs resolution.

Podcasts won't play on iPhone 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.