Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why the OWC 960GB Mercury Accelsior_E2 does not show in Disk Utilty ?

i try to mac pro 3.1 and 4.1

and both of them can not show in Disk Utilty, but i can seen in report

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Nov 24, 2014 10:15 PM

4 replies

Mar 22, 2015 7:23 AM in response to waiser

Have you tried using Disk Utlitiy to format it as Mac OS Journaled. I have an OWC SSD (260 gig) installed and it showed up fine once I formatted it. I had to use it for a while as my startup disk because I was transferring stuff from my older Mac Pro. Once I did that, I changed startup disks and erased the SSD

so, in a sense it's there, but not being used now. you may want to enable TRIM as well-which might be helpful

http://www.mactrast.com/2013/11/enable-trim-ssds-os-x-mavericks/

I think there's a setting to show hard discs and internal disks, cd's and dvd's and connected servers, which I'm guessing is turned on

sorry I can't help you much more

John B

Mar 22, 2015 7:37 AM in response to Johnb-one

when i first installed it, it asked to be initialized which i did. it was then showing up as an external HD. I ran verify disk in disk utility and it showed an error. Then it ejected itself and i cant get to show up in disk utility anymore. I have even tried in different pci slots. Its just not recognized anymore in disk utility. im sure it just needs to be reformatted but how can you reformat a disk if its not showing up.

thanks

Jeff.

why the OWC 960GB Mercury Accelsior_E2 does not show in Disk Utilty ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.