Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync with iPhone

I've been syncing my iPhone with my MacbookAir since Mavericks. After getting Yosemite I clear formatted my machine and then set it up fresh. Now my iPhone syncs but the apps do not auto update. I fail to understand the reason for this. This used to happen earlier.

iPhone 5, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 1:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2015 12:08 AM

I had to reformat my iPhone and set it up as fresh. I fail to understand this. The unfortunate part is that I lost all my SMS and iMessages. I couldn't get it back. There's definitely issue with Apple sync but they don't agree as usual. They think we're always wrong. Here Apple is trying take control of my data. How can this be allowed? I want to restore my messages but I can't as per Apple. I either restore the whole phone or I don't!!!!!! I'm shocked with Apple's attitude. It's an eyewash they've come out with iCloud backup, iCloud Drive to fight against Google. But it's useless and Google allows backing and restoring data but Apple doesn't. Yet Palm is far superior to Apple for Sync.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2015 12:08 AM in response to vishalsheth

I had to reformat my iPhone and set it up as fresh. I fail to understand this. The unfortunate part is that I lost all my SMS and iMessages. I couldn't get it back. There's definitely issue with Apple sync but they don't agree as usual. They think we're always wrong. Here Apple is trying take control of my data. How can this be allowed? I want to restore my messages but I can't as per Apple. I either restore the whole phone or I don't!!!!!! I'm shocked with Apple's attitude. It's an eyewash they've come out with iCloud backup, iCloud Drive to fight against Google. But it's useless and Google allows backing and restoring data but Apple doesn't. Yet Palm is far superior to Apple for Sync.

Sync with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.