Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 6 front camera have a gray crescent moon

Hi, I don't know if the front camera of the iPhone 6 is supposed to look like this, but my front camera have a gray crescent moon at the right side of the lens. When I take a picture it won't look like that in the screen, but it is really annoying... Did anyone else is having the same issue? What I should do?

Other OS

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 3:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2014 5:20 AM

I Had this problem on 3 exchanged space grey iPhone 6. WWithin 2-3 weeks they all started showing. Probablya design or manufacturing problem. Switched to a silver and don't have that problem anymore. Go to an Apple Store and report the defect

28 replies

Dec 1, 2014 7:21 AM in response to Daniel Garcia Garcia

YYa rather disappointed at this Quality issue. It seems to be widespread problem too as I see the same problem in the display phones at Apple stores , bestbuy etc. i don't imagine their phone will experience the movements in pocket etc. so I don't understand why the camera dust ring (I think that's what it is, based on reads from other posts) would shift. the defective iPhones also come from different factories (based on the serial number factory codes). so I am afraid it is a problem that apple must address sooner rather than later

Jan 7, 2015 5:22 AM in response to berkbabadogan

Yes that`s it berkbabadogan, and yes they can change ur phone with international warranty. I went to an apple store in Sweden were they refused to change my phone because it was only a "cosmethic" problem. (so frustrating) If more than 1% of all iphone sixes has this problem in the world they will make a international shoutout on their website and change all the phones that got this problem. So if you got this problem with your iphone PLEASE go in to apple store and atleast tell them so that they can write that down and start to change all of the wrongly built phones.

Jan 22, 2015 9:27 AM in response to raxo150

16gb space gray with the same problem. The genius technician at the Apple Store did not agree to replace the phone but did identify the problem. Phone support did replace it. First one factory zhengzhou week 39 had the issue and a weak battery and fingerprint scanner problem. Second headset week 42 chengdu also had a problem but better battery and home button clicked/noisy but scanned ok. Third one week 45 zhengzhou is the better on so far with stable camera and better battery and ok button. Quality of the picture from toward facing was poorer on the second handset.

MAybe the newer phones have better manufacturing process.

IPhone 6 front camera have a gray crescent moon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.