Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Yosemite support Windows DFS

Hi, Does Yosemite offer native support for Windows DFS ? I have used third party tools in the past like AdmitMac , is this still required ?

Thanks guys

Bob

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 3:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 4:43 AM

DFS has been supported for a few years now.

4 replies

Dec 13, 2014 6:33 AM in response to 3rd Coast

3rd Coast wrote:

While some claim that DFS has been supported for a few years now, practically speaking, connecting to a Windows DFS share does not work. A third party app must be used, or a connection to the underlying server and share must be made. Apple has done a terrible job with file sharing. This issue has lingered for at least 3 years now.

That's your opinion, but it works fine for us. No complaints from over 500 users and no third party apps are used.

May 1, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Templeton Peck

This is great news, since I have to integrate Macs and iOS in a Windows AD Network with DFS. Are the macs now able to use these windows printer pools also? I had problems with these some years ago with 10.6 or 7.

Is there any documentation available to learn about the integration on these devices? Why is this kind of information so hard to find? Does Apple have documentation about it? Some years ago, there were these nice videos with hints and tips, but they are all gone.

Any other resources of information?

Thank you.

Does Yosemite support Windows DFS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.