Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My iPhone not installing on iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

Hi, I've just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS 7.1.2 (the latest version supported), and updated all the apps, including Find My iPhone. However, the latest Find My iPhone (v4) on App Store is only supported on iOS8, and the sync says that it won't install as it needs a later version of operating system...how do I download the older version of Find My iPhone that's supported on iOS 7.1.2?

Thanks

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 6:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 6:48 AM

Hi, found the answer...I was using iTunes to update and sync my iPhone, but if I go to the App Store from the iPhone itself, it allows me to download the older Find My iPhone v3 that is compatible with iOS 7.1.2.

7 replies

Nov 27, 2014 6:22 PM in response to kiwijoey

Hi, that's weird. When I tapped on the app in the App Store, a pop-up window said that the version was incompatible with the iOS on the phone, then asked if I wanted to download an earlier version. I have two iPhone 4 (not 4s), and both worked the same way. If there's an older version already on the phone, maybe try deleting it first (I did this with one of the phones first, and my other phone didn't have the app at all)?

Find My iPhone not installing on iPhone 4 iOS 7.1.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.