Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I turn my video to portrait?

I made a video using the Camera on my iPhone 5 (7.1.2). The phone was in portrait mode for the video. I downloaded it using iPhoto and then uploaded it to my videos section through iTunes. I did this so the video is in my Videos area instead of Photos (why isn't this easier?). Now the phone must be held in landscape and the video uses the middle third of the display. Why doesn't it adjust like most other things when I turn my phone?

Thanks for any help.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 8:00 AM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2014 6:47 AM in response to Kommish1

Hello Kommish1,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with orientation issues. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

If the screen doesn't rotate on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

If the screen doesn't rotate on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

The screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch might appear to be stuck in portrait or landscape mode. These steps can help.

Check your settings and test with an app that rotates

Some apps don't rotate. Some might use only portrait or landscape mode, or switch depending on the content. To test screen rotation, open the Calculator app that comes with your device. If the screen doesn't rotate when you rotate the device, try these steps:

1. Check for User uploaded file in the status bar. If you see this icon, Orientation Lock is on. To turn it off, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to reveal the Control Center and tap User uploaded file.
    User uploaded file
  2. If you have an iPhone 6 Plus, turn off Display Zoom to rotate the Home screen.
  3. If you have an iPad with a Side Switch, turn the Side Switch on or off.

Get more help

If you checked your settings and your screen still doesn't rotate when using an app that should (like the Calculator app), follow these steps:

1. Restart your iOS device.
  2. If the screen still won't rotate, back up and restore your device.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Why can't I turn my video to portrait?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.