Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 will not pair with garmin vivosmart

I was using IPhone 5s and it worked. Upon changing to iPhone 6 their is a problem with the Bluetooth connection. With Garmin Tech support we had a two hour session and were not able to pair the device to the phone. There seems to be an incompatibility. The software in both devices is up to date. What can we do about this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 8:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2014 6:54 AM

Hi rematos,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

To troubleshoot issues with connecting to devices via Bluetooth on your iPhone, please take a look at the information in the support article linked to below.

iOS: Troubleshooting Bluetooth connections - Apple Support

Take care,

Alex H.

5 replies

Mar 15, 2015 12:39 PM in response to rematos

Okay I had this problem too and it was really p''sing me off.

Here are the simple steps that fixed it after screwing around with it for hours:

In iphone 6 Garmin App

click on devices

add a device

all devices

scroll down to bottom and select VIVOSMART

click next - this will then search for the device

click yes on "pair with VIVOSMART"

Message came up saying "there was another app counting steps" (IHEALTH), it then asks to keep using current device or select VIVOSMART. By selecting the VIVOSMART instead of the current device (IOS IHEALTH) it then superceded the I HEALTH and in turn let the IPHONE properly sync with the VIVOSMART

I hope this works!!!!

Iphone 6 will not pair with garmin vivosmart

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.