Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Audio only left channel

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you solve it? I am using an M Audio Fastback USB input to record to Keynote and the audio is only recording to the left channel/speaker. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong or how to fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 5:19 AM

Check the input levels in: Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup > M-Audio > Input

13 replies

Nov 28, 2014 11:05 AM in response to Pastor Paully

System Properties > Sound

in the output tab, select Fast Track USBand centre the Balance slider

in the input tab, select Fast Track USB and move the volume slider to the far right

Applications > Utilities > Audio MIDI setup > M-Audio > Input; set the master to the far right

The front panel controls affect analogue phono out connectors and the headphone jacks for monitoring, they do not control recording.

Nov 28, 2014 12:19 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Nope. It only records in the left channel as well. I have Garageband set up with mono so it just copies the left track into the right track. So mono, but mono over two channels. I found a video where one can set the channel integer to 1 channel in the MIDI settings. The problem is that Fast Track/ M Audio only has an option 2 channel. I can either have 24 or 16 bit over 2 channels. So, it might be that I need a different interface. I was thinking about upgrading to a Focusrite on the Apple Store, but I don't want to run into the same problem.

Nov 30, 2014 5:59 AM in response to Pastor Paully

One further thought; as an alternative to using the troublesome equipment, buy one of these items, Iv used them both to create voiceovers for educational presentations in a variety of Mac applictions . My local supermarket have them, both are from logitech, using a USB digital connection, cost is around £15-00:

headphone mic, table stand mic:

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Keynote Audio only left channel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.