Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has Apple fixed the problem with ringtone getting lost after downloading

the ring tones I bought and even the ones from my iPhone 4s will not stay loaded on my 6+ after a couple of hour they are gone. Apple said they was going to fix this problem have they done anything yet to resolve this issue. Looking at my purchase history for my ringtones on my phone it shows nothing. When I go to music and look at the purchase history it does not have any problem showing that at al. Well just wanted to know it Apple has fix this problem.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 10:15 AM

1 reply

Jul 4, 2015 6:07 AM in response to Charles 544

One would have thought with the release of the new iitues update, iOS 8.4 and OS X Yosemite update that ringtones would be availiable and would now synch through the iTunes Store without having to hookup up to a computer. If you purchase an item from the iTunes Store it should be available to download to any device. I just upgraded my iPad and in order to bring my ringtones back I have to connect to a PC. That is old school methodology. Plus the new iOS 8.4 is about as clear as mud as I had to figure out how to download my music without connecting to iTunes even with itunes Match. Just ridiculous as apple wants you to spend $120 a year to enjoy your music but still have to pay for streaming charges through your carrier or be attached to a wifi. Just rediculous. This isn't any better than what they originally had In my opinion. Apple is notorious for making new updates without any explanation unless you search out blogs or articles. Lazy and not very customer focused. Until ringtones are available the same way as purchased music then in my opinion the issue is not fixed.

Has Apple fixed the problem with ringtone getting lost after downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.