Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There's no "none" button on the payment info

http://s1.postimg.org/ugql6qukf/Untitled.png

I've just started of using my account on my itunes and I'm reviewing it but I don't want to put in any payment info but there's no "none" button

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 2:04 PM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2014 6:03 PM in response to Sam!!!

Sam,

From my understanding its all about how you go about making your first purchase. If you try to purchase a "free" item and then set up a "New" Apple ID it will allow you to select none.

If you're using the store for the first time with an existing Apple ID, you must provide a payment method. After you create the account, you can change your payment information to None.

If you're creating a new Apple ID, you might be able to create an account without entering your credit card details.

1. Download a free app, song, video, or book. To find free items, look in the right column of the window and click any link that includes the word "Free," such as "Free on iTunes" or "Top Free." When you find a free item, click Get beneath its icon.
    User uploaded file
  2. When you're asked to sign in with an Apple ID, click Create Apple ID.
    User uploaded file
  3. Follow the onscreen instructions. When you're asked for payment information, choose None as the payment type. See what to do if None isn't showing or you can't select it.
    User uploaded file
  4. After you enter all of the information required, you'll be asked to verify your Apple ID by email. You must verify your Apple ID before you can begin using it. Didn't receive the email?

Hope that helps,

Weston

Supporting Articles,

Why can’t I select None when I edit my Apple ID payment information? - Apple Support

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Support

There's no "none" button on the payment info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.