Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download an app i just bought. Just get "an error has occurred" next to the install button on the purchases page.

Can't download an app i just bought. Just get "an error has occurred" next to the install button on my purchases page. There is no other info, so I do not know why this is happening.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 3:07 PM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2014 9:36 AM in response to jbsman

Hi jbsman,

Happy Thanksgiving! The article below will provide some troubleshooting steps for your issue. Try restarting the computer first, to re-establish your connection with the internet. Then look to see if the app is in the Purchased tab. If you continue to have issues with this purchase, I've included a link to contact the iTunes Store Support team as well.

Troubleshooting the Mac App Store - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203421

If downloading an app is interrupted

Once an Internet connection is reestablished, your purchased downloads should automatically restart. The Mac App Store may alert you that there was an issue with the download and ask if you'd like to restart the download(s). Confirming will restart all pending downloads. For more information on this topic, see Mac App Store: How to resume interrupted downloads.

The download time will vary according to the file's size and your Internet connection speed. Refer to this article about iTunes Store purchases for more information about download times for large files.

If nothing happens after clicking Buy when purchasing an app

Select the Purchases view at the top of the Mac App Store window. Look for your purchased app. If it is listed under Purchases and says Installed next to it, check your Dock or Applications folder for the app. If the app's listing under Purchases says Install next to it, click the Install button. The app will then be downloaded and installed into the Applications folder. You will not be charged again for the app.

If the app is not listed under Purchases, your previous attempt to buy was not completed and you were not charged for the app. Navigate to where you tried to purchase the app earlier and click the Buy button for the app. This will charge your account for the app. If you delete the app and wish to to reinstall it later, you can use the Purchases view to reinstall it without being charged again.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Can't download an app i just bought. Just get "an error has occurred" next to the install button on the purchases page.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.