Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My battery has run out, but now the MacBook does not turn on anymore

Las night I left my MacBook playing video and I got asleep. In the morning tried to turn it on but it didn't so I plugged in the charger and tried to turn it on again, but the only thing that happens is that the screen shows this picture:

User uploaded file

when the charger is plugged. And this other

User uploaded file

when the charger is disconnected. Tried also pressing for a long while the power key, but nothing happens.

I have been charging the laptop the whole day! and nothing changes, it's really getting me worried.

Does anyone know what is happening and how can I solve it?

I'm using a MacBook Pro Retina, late 2013.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Windows 8, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS for Mac

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 7:47 PM

I reply myself.

After having unplugged the charger and press the power button, it finally turned on! as if nothing would have happened, I felt incredibly relieved. One interesting thing is that although I had been charging it the whole day, when it turned on it was showing 0% of battery!

Well, I hope it won't pass again.

Thanks... for reading, ja ja.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2014 7:47 PM in response to Josue.

I reply myself.

After having unplugged the charger and press the power button, it finally turned on! as if nothing would have happened, I felt incredibly relieved. One interesting thing is that although I had been charging it the whole day, when it turned on it was showing 0% of battery!

Well, I hope it won't pass again.

Thanks... for reading, ja ja.

My battery has run out, but now the MacBook does not turn on anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.