Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete old iCloud account without password

Hi,

I have registered 2 iPhone5s, a 3GS, an iPad, a MacBook on my Apple account, Recently, and I've decided to update my email adress. I've change it and delete the older, but I forgot to remove an iPhone from my equipment list. Since, on the corresponding iPhone5s, I've more and more error message from iCloud. He need a password, from my older account, but I've deleted it ! It's impossible to confirm, beecause this rmail has benn deleted. Now, the phone is unusable, I can't receive calls, I've blanck screen on SMS, and the phone is pratically blocked. I've called Apple Support team in France, and they don't find any solution, only restore phone and lost 8 years of history datas !?! I think the geolocation on IOS8 is involved.

Do you know how to delete this older account on my iPhone, without password ?

Thanks for your feedback

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 3:26 PM

If your device is signed into an old ID that is an earlier version of the ID you want to sign in with, do the following:

If you are using iMessage and FaceTime, make sure you are signed into these services with your current ID. If they are signed into the old ID, go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and Settings>FaceTime, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with your current ID.

Then temporarily recreate the old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. (You should not have to verify the old email account so it doesn’t matter if you no longer have access to it.) Now go to Settings>iCloud, turn off Find My iDevice and enter your current password when prompted (even though it prompts you for the password for your old ID). Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll (unless you are using iCloud Photo Library). When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Sign Out (or Delete Account if you are not running iOS 8) and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign back in with your current iCloud ID and password (your data will download back to your device).

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 25, 2014 3:26 PM in response to Zefred31

If your device is signed into an old ID that is an earlier version of the ID you want to sign in with, do the following:

If you are using iMessage and FaceTime, make sure you are signed into these services with your current ID. If they are signed into the old ID, go to Settings>Messages>Send & Receive and Settings>FaceTime, tap the ID, sign out, then sign back in with your current ID.

Then temporarily recreate the old ID by going to https://appleid.apple.com, click Manage my Apple ID and sign in with your current iCloud ID. Click edit next to the primary email account, change it back to your old email address and save the change. (You should not have to verify the old email account so it doesn’t matter if you no longer have access to it.) Now go to Settings>iCloud, turn off Find My iDevice and enter your current password when prompted (even though it prompts you for the password for your old ID). Then save any photo stream photos that you wish to keep to your camera roll (unless you are using iCloud Photo Library). When finished go to Settings>iCloud, tap Sign Out (or Delete Account if you are not running iOS 8) and choose Delete from My iDevice when prompted (your iCloud data will still be in iCloud). Next, go back to https://appleid.apple.com and change your primary email address back to the way it was. Now you can go to Settings>iCloud and sign back in with your current iCloud ID and password (your data will download back to your device).

Jun 15, 2016 2:27 PM in response to randers4

Hi - I have tried this but when I attempt to change my current apple id back to my old one, it is coming up with "An email has been sent with your verification code" and a spot to enter the code. I don't have access to this email anymore (its an old work email address and no longer exists). How can I get around this? Please help 😟

How to delete old iCloud account without password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.