Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This software is not supported on your system

I get this message when trying to install the update : "This software is not supported on your system" (on a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) of course...)

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 10:39 PM

What software are you trying to install and from where, exactly, did you buy it.

Your post has been wrongly sent to the Magic mouse forum. I have asked for it to be relocated so that when you answer, it will be more likely to attract a suitable reply.

10 replies

Nov 26, 2014 7:11 AM in response to seventy one

First of all, thanks for your answer!

The software I'm trying to install is an official update from Apple : MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012): Trackpad may become unresponsive after MacBook Pro (Retina) Trackpad Update - Apple Supp…

As I said, it's supposed to be compatible with a MacBook Pro Retina Mid 2012 which I have so I don't understand why I get this error...

Thanks

Nov 26, 2014 9:45 AM in response to Trigu

Hello Trigu,

I don't have 10.10 so it is out of my sphere, but I see there are two ways to achieve your aim. Paragraph 1 which is a direct update.

And paragraph two which is a series of steps you can take without using a mouse, but they will eventually lead to a download.

Have you tried both ways? Glad to see the hosts have re-positioned your post to Yosemite.

This software is not supported on your system

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.