Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote - Export with colour palette

I am using Keynote 6.2.

I create a Presentation in Keynote named Preso 1. I create a colour Palette to use within the Preso. I save the document.

A work colleague needs to work on Keynote Document Preso 1.

I save on the server, my colleague opens it up to make changes.

The colour palette that I created within the Preso 1 document has vanished.

How do I save the Colour Palette within the doc so others can open and use it?

Thanks

Marcus

Keynote-OTHER, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 8:41 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2014 4:58 AM in response to marcusbb

1) First choose a color so that it has filled the shape/background and is selected in the "current color" area.

2) Then click that color fill area (as if you were going to pick another color)

3) Drag the current color into the built in template palette.

4) Now when you share that file, that color palette will travel with you. You have to change each color manually - nothing is automatic. To drag gradients your current fill has to be a gradient and then do the exact same thing.

User uploaded file

Dec 4, 2014 7:23 AM in response to marcusbb

System Color Palettes are located in

~/Library/Colors

However, you're going to have to create a new palette by clicking "New" here:

User uploaded file

A new palette "Unnamed" will be created. You can rename that palette by clicking the cog again and choosing "Rename..." Then, you'll need to click on the objects you want to capture the color of, and drag the color of those objects into the color chip area:

User uploaded file

Once you've captured the color, you can even rename it something that indicates where it's normally used, providing more information to the recipient than just the color.

Once you've captured all the colors you need, go to ~/Library/Colors and you'll see a .clr file as you named it. Place that file in your server location and direct the recipient to go into their Color Picker, choose "Open..." and select that file. It'll be automatically transferred to the system color picker and that set of colors will be available for any application on your system.

If you ever make any updates to your palette that you want to share, you can send a new .clr file, but if it has the same name as the old one and will be imported as "name 2". So, either rename it before you send (perhaps with a date so everyone knows this is the latest version) or tell them to click the cog to "Remove" the old one before Opening the new one. Probably cleaner doing it the old way so you don't have a lot of palettes lying around.

Keynote - Export with colour palette

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.