Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get Apple to carrier unlock alltel iphone5c (alltel doesn't exist in co ohio anymore) ALSO will straight talk work on it?

can an apple unlock it? Will straight talk work on this carrier locked cdma 5c? Alltel doesn't exist in col Ohio anymore and at&t can't do turn it on because it's carrier locked...I need to find a way to get it cut on somehow or I'm out almost $200.00 😟 I called alltel and they can't unlock it until I have "previous owners info" ***? The phone is used so how am I gonna figure that out?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1

Posted on Nov 25, 2014 8:37 PM

1 reply

Nov 25, 2014 8:51 PM in response to Azbell05

Edited:

Without the previous owners assistance the phone is under Activation Lock and Apple will NOT help you. You must get the previous owner to turn off activation lock and remove the phone from iCloud. If you can't, you have a nice $200 paperweight. Sorry. The Carrier lock is an entirely different subject. You won't be able to do anything until the phone is released from the previous owner.

How to get Apple to carrier unlock alltel iphone5c (alltel doesn't exist in co ohio anymore) ALSO will straight talk work on it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.