Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot activate my iCloud keychain

Just got my iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.1 and I am trying to activate my icloud keychain. But the activation code appeared thru SMS failed several times. Can you help me. Thank you.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 3:59 AM

1 reply

Nov 27, 2014 1:31 PM in response to Imelda Laraya

Hello Imelda Laraya,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with iCloud Keychain. It contains a number of troubleshooting steps and helpful advice for the issue you are experiencing:

Get help using iCloud Keychain - Apple Support

I'm not receiving the verification code via SMS.

1. Make sure that you have a strong cellular network connection on your phone.
  2. Make sure that your phone number can receive SMS messages. You can do this by asking someone to send you a text message.
  3. Make sure that the correct phone number is associated with your account:
    • In iOS 8, tap Settings > iCloud > Keychain > Advanced. In iOS 7, tap Settings > iCloud > Account > Keychain. Make sure the phone number under Verification Number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.
    • In OS X Mavericks v10.9, choose Apple () > System Preferences. Click iCloud, then click Account Details. Make sure the phone number under Verification number is correct. If not, enter another phone number.

If you can't access a device that has iCloud Keychain enabled, contact Apple Support and verify your identity to get help completing iCloud Keychain setup.

I don't see my country code when I'm at the SMS verification step of setting up iCloud Keychain.

Check the list of countries that support SMS for iCloud Keychain. If your country isn't listed, you can set up iCloud Keychain without an SMS-capable phone number.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

I cannot activate my iCloud keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.