Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On my iPod All my playlist disappeared. what do I need to do?

Somehow I lost all my playlist when I was out and once I got home I tried to sync my iPod to get the playlist back on the iPod but no luck. What do I need to do to get them back on the iPod? I never had this problem before today. iPod 5th gen.

iPod touch, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 9:44 AM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2014 9:55 AM in response to Texasfan4

What exactly happens when you try to sync?

Does iTunes see the iPod?

Was the iPod previous synced to another iTunes library/computer?

Have you successfully synced from this iTunes library/computer before?

If so have you done anything like update iTunes on the computer since it last successfully synced?

Do the songs play in iTunes?

Does any media now sync to the iPod?

Do you have the right boxes checked to sync?

iTunes: Syncing media content to iOS devices and iPod

Try syncing using the manual method

Managing content manually on iPhone, iPad, and iPod

Feb 18, 2015 11:07 PM in response to lllaass

Ok lllaass, you helped me with another issue (retrieving all of my music from my ipod with TouchCopy). Would you please help me with this one? Now all 20 of my playlists have disappeared from my ipod Touch... all except "Purchased." However, they do show up in my iTunes. Plus wen I open up "Songs" in my ipod touch there are only 88 songs there when there used to be over 3000 songs! But in fact when I open "My device" on iTunes and click on Music, all 3,041 songs are listed. I've installed the latest version of iTunes but I'm afraid to follow the rest of your advice above because when I check the "Sync Music" box in iTunes it says it's going to erase all of my music and install only 544 songs onto my iPod. I've tried manually syncing by selecting "My iPod" then "sync" but it doesn't do a thing. Do you have any more advice for me?

Feb 19, 2015 9:53 PM in response to lllaass

No, I don't have any other computer to sync to. Just my same laptop I've had for 2 years. I think that Apples was ****** that I was able to copy my songs to my hard drive so they did something to erase them from my iPod. Anyhow, let's just say I had to start fresh and put ALL of my songs from my computer onto my iPod. How would I do that?

On my iPod All my playlist disappeared. what do I need to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.