Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i authorize my mac to itunes?

I want to use music from my iPod touch on my mac, but when i sign in and try to play my songs, a banner pops up saying 'Your computer is not authorized. You must authorize this computer before you can download previous purchases.'

what do i do?

PS- i already tried alt-s, it just spams the computer.

Try to get back soon, I love music.

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 1:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 1:35 PM

Move the cursor to the very top of the computer's screen, click on Store in the menu bar, and choose Authorize this Computer.

(117261)

4 replies

Jan 2, 2015 9:51 PM in response to TossEnhoff

Hello Toss

Download iTunes into your Mac. At the top of this page, click 'iTunes'. Then you would see 'Download iTunes', click it. After iTunes is successfully downloaded into your Mac, move the cursor to the top of the left hand corner where the íTune Store is. Click it whereby you would definitely see 'Authorise This Computer'.

Good luck

how do i authorize my mac to itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.