Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i get a genius bar appointment

I've been around and around the Apple site, the store site, etc., and whenever I try to make a Genius Bar appointment, I get shunted to paid support. Not really feeling like shelling out $29, since the problem was caused when I followed the instructions given to me in my last Genius Bar appointment. What's the best solution, just show up at the store? Or is there a trick to making a reservation?

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 3:04 PM

11 replies

Nov 26, 2014 3:25 PM in response to stevejobsfan0123

Well, that page is inaccurate insofar as I still see the page that requires me to select my device, rather than the updated page where you can just select type of product. And I'm not sure I can get the Apple Store App, since I'm on iOS 5 (which I can't upgrade until I get my issue fixed). But I will try different issues and see if I can trick the system.

Dec 2, 2014 11:20 AM in response to stevejobsfan0123

I was having problems syncing my iPad with iTunes (I spent 3 hours there, they forced me to upgrade to iOS 8 which I hate, and the only effect is that I'm now unable to put music on my iPad).

But, the staff did give me a tip! To get an appointment, click on anything hardware-related. This is a sales point for the Apple Store, so they want to get you in!

Mar 2, 2016 10:47 AM in response to orbfish

This experience has convinced me to ditch my iMac and replace it with a PC. Every time I power up my iMac I get the OS X Utilities screen. I want an appointment at the Albuquerque NM Apple store (which is 2 hours from where I live) for a diagnostics check. I called the Albuquerque store and I get an automated answering system that sweetly tells me that most problems are with signing in or authenticating with my apple id. NO!! Not is NOT my problem. Then I am asked for the serial number on my iMac. I would like to give it to them, but my iMac is at home and I am work. There doesn't seem to be anyway around this step. I despise companies that think cute little automated voices can solve all the world's problems. And am just astounded that when I want to talk to the Albuquerque Apple store, I can't get to the Albuquerque Apple store. What - they don't have phones there?

Nov 3, 2016 10:37 AM in response to orbfish

There is no way to make a genius bar appt on line. Whatever you try, you get directed to another web page that makes you go many unrealated steps and never gets you to a reservation page. If you go to your apple store web page and click on "genius bar" you are sent to the same completely unrelated web pages. This is an obvious plan to make sure you don't get to the genius bar at all. For a tech company, Apple has the worst web page i've ever seen.

how do i get a genius bar appointment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.