Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi Extremely Slow on New Mac Pro

I have the newest Mac Pro and Airport Extreme combo. The wifi has slowed down to about 1/10 of what I am paying for on Comcast. Ordinarily I would blame Comcast, but my 2012 Macbook Pro still has a blazing fast download in the same room. I don't know what to do.

I saw an article about how this might have something to do with AirDrop or whatever. The article suggested running this command in Terminal (sudo ifconfig awdl0 down) which I did, but there has been no change. If anything, it seems a bit slower.

I don't have a lot of time to troubleshoot this, but it's extremely annoying.

Any other suggestions?!

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 7:24 PM

4 replies

Nov 26, 2014 7:28 PM in response to David Buscher

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Jun 11, 2015 10:00 PM in response to David Buscher

I just purchased a new Mac Pro (little black trash can model) and have had the same issue with two different units. The first one, I just assumed something was wrong with the hardware - that's what the folks at the Apple Store assumed too, and they exchanged it no questions asked. But now with the second brand-new unit, same problem. I have a 3-year old MacBook Pro that is getting over triple the download speeds. It's not the location in the house (same location as old Mac Pro, and I have tried putting MacBook Pro in same spot).

I remember reading a thread somewhere (that I can't find now) that said when they were setting up their new Mac Pro, they couldn't get it to connect to their wi-fi network (or even find it) during initial setup, and finally traced it down to (I believe) the top left USB port...if something was plugged in there, it was slow - if the port was empty, it was OK. I know this sounds stupid, but I throw it out for conversation.

Wish I had an answer...dreading going through all the crap of dragging the thing in to the Apple Store again, only for them to spend hours with me and find no solutions. I guess I am just posting to let you know you are not alone...and that this must be an issue - maybe others are having it as well...???

WiFi Extremely Slow on New Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.