Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.1 Notification Center stretched out

Hello Apple Community!!! I've ran into an issue. I'm on my iPhone 6+ with iOS 8.1.1. My notification center has decided to stretch out and not display properly. If in portrait mode it looks as if it's in landscape mode and drops half way down the screen. So I turn the phone into landscape mode thinking its "stuck" and it looks the same. I've tried a restore and reboot to no avail it's still an issue. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks! User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Nov 26, 2014 10:02 PM

16 replies

Nov 27, 2014 8:12 PM in response to Ju5tiv

Today when I woke up the notifications on my lock screen were inflated much of the same way. I unlocked the phone went back in to check the zoom setting, it was still on standard. I locked the screen and waited for new notifications. Upon arrival of new notifications they showed up normal. Notification Center is still messed up though. I've reset the phone several times.

May 14, 2015 10:54 PM in response to Ju5tiv

Same here but it's on an iPhone 5! My 6+ never exhibited this.

User uploaded file

Obviously not a zoom/standard related issue. Apparently hitting the middle of the bottom of the screen dismisses the notification center.

Very worrying esp since I see here it happens also on 6+! The notification center is essential to managing calendar events at work!

May 19, 2015 10:15 PM in response to Acct001

Hey, all. iPhone 6 here, version 8.3.

I've been having this same problem myself. Ironically, I went into the Display & Brightness setting, which was Standard, and set it to Zoom. It said it would require a restart, which took 5 seconds, and then it was Zoomed. In Zoom, my notifications work just fine! They will the whole window, and I can pull down or flip it back up as normal.

Hope that's helpful. There's definitely a bug issue here.

May 21, 2015 10:48 PM in response to bibigol

Found a similar workaround for iPhone 5 -- went to Settings | Display & Brightness, flipped the Bold Text setting switch. It said it needed to restart -- which took like 3 seconds . Notification center was working fine afterwards. Flipped the Bold Text switch back, it restarted without a warning and the issue did not reappear.

Basically all this did was to restart my phone as far as I can tell.

May 27, 2015 6:45 PM in response to Ju5tiv

I had this problem as well. It was stretched out left and right and I couldn't even read all of each notification. After looking at this page for just a couple minutes, I checked my settings and saw that I was set to standard mode. I went ahead and switched to zoom and hit "set" and then it went blank for about 3 seconds and was in zoom mode. I then switched it back to standard mode and waited the 3 seconds and then checked my notification screen and it was normal.

iOS 8.1.1 Notification Center stretched out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.